E-3 was originally a 1948 International with a Hale 500 G.P.M. Pump and 200 Gal. Booster Tank.

It was replaced by a 1959 Open Cab LaFrance 840 G.P.M. pump and 300 Gallon water tank and at the time the biggest tank on the job. London began attacking fires right off the tank that previously required a hydrant. Many firetrucks in London only had 80 Gallon water tanks on board.

“It was like we had Lake Erie with us.”- Fire Chief Jim Fitzgerald

Articles & Pictures with Engine 3