Carbon Monoxide Safety

October 2016

Close Call Shows Need For Carbon Monoxide Detectors

October 16th, 2016|

The London Fire Department says an incident at a home in Oakridge shows just how important it is to have a functioning carbon monoxide detector.As it prepares to launch this year’s “Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week,” the fire department says it was called to a home in an Oakridge subdivision last Thursday night. A home […]

January 2015

London Fire Department: Cold Weather Brings Increased Volume of Carbon Monoxide Related Calls

January 15th, 2015|

A timely reminder from the London Fire Department about the dangers of carbon monoxide, especially when trying to stay warm during this most recent cold snap.

Over the past week, London Firefighters have responded to more than two dozen carbon monoxide related calls due to a number of causes, including broken or malfunctioning heating equipment, […]

September 2014

Be Fire Safe

September 16th, 2014|

In the wake of a fatal fire in Ottawa on Wednesday, August 13, 2014, the London Fire Department wants to remind the public that once you have escaped from a burning building you should not re-enter for any reason.

October 2013

Union Gas Grant

October 7th, 2013|

Union Gas has awarded the London Fire Department $2,000 to help in the effort to raise public awareness about the dangers of carbon monoxide and the need for working CO detectors.