It looks like a malfunctioning Zamboni was to blame for last night’s carbon monoxide scare at a London arena.

Two men’s league teams were playing at the London Ice Park on Brookside Street around 7:30 p.m. when several players began to feel sick.

One person was transported to hospital while paramedics treated several more at the arena. The London Fire Department’s hazmat team also responded and found elevated levels of carbon monoxide in the building.

Facility Manager Blair Stickle tells AM980 they’ve pinpointed the building’s Zamboni as the cause of the leak.

He says they’re still unsure of exactly what went wrong and are currently trying to fix the machine. Stickle says if all goes well they should have regular programming running tonight at the facility.

via AM980 News Talk Sports