Station 01

July 1986

Truck 1 – Daily Checks

July 27th, 1986|

November 1981

HQ from above

November 7th, 1981|

December 1965

Engine 1

December 30th, 1965|

June 1955

Truck Try Outs

June 5th, 1955|

 

The London Fire Department is shown here trying out an aerial ladder on a new fire truck, being demonstrated by a Quebec company in various Ontario cities. The demonstration occured on King St, between Clarence & Richmond, across the road from the central Fire Hall. Deputy Fire Chief Tom Hepburn was one of those […]

October 1954

Engine One Crew

October 21st, 1954|

January 1954

Site of new HQ

January 12th, 1954|

Site of new fire hall at York and Waterloo car lot.

Source: University of Western Ontario – Archives

November 1950

Communications

November 6th, 1950|

Fire Station photos

November 21st, 1922|

January 1915

Central Fire Hall Trucks

January 23rd, 1915|

Source: Vintage London, Ontario | Facebook

They All Say “London”

January 23rd, 1913|

Central Fire Hall – King St

January 23rd, 1889|

Source: Vintage London, Ontario | Facebook

Fire hall

January 25th, 1875|

View looking west along King St. including a portion of the Fire Station, Bennett & Mills Undertakers, Moorhead’s Furniture Factory, Hartly Mills Flour Store and the Market Bulding. A hose reel with horses stands in front of the fire Department, and a hearse in front of the Undertakers.

Source: University of Western Ontario – Archives

June 1873

Central Fire Hall

June 2nd, 1873|