It points out the dangers of leaving something unattended on the stove.

Especially cooking oil, which if left heated sufficiently.. can explode, according to London Firefighter Platoon Chief Paul Carew.

Around 3:30 Tuesday afternoon, London Firefighters were called to an apartment complex on 100 Huxley Street.

The cause was from an occupant leaving oil on the stove for a phone call.

Reports say there was heavy damage to kitchen area, especially around the stove.

Damage estimate is pegged at 50,000.

No one was injured in the fire.

via News/Talk 1290 CJBK