A forced evacuation of homes on Grey Street was avoided Saturday Aug. 26 after fire department crews responded to a report of a natural gas leak inside a home.Upon arrival at the scene at 427 Grey St. at around 5 p.m., fire officials determined there was a dangerous level of natural gas inside the residence. Neighbours were ordered to Shelter in Place, meaning they were told to stay inside their homes with all windows and doors closed.The Hazmat unit was deployed while fire and police crews blocked access to the street a specialized positive pressure fan was deployed to ventilate the structure.Once the house was cleared and declared safe, Union Gas workers entered the home and fixed the problem.

via London Community News