A stove top fire in an apartment building on Thompson Rd. Saturday evening left one man with minor injuries – but not as a result of the fire.

An unattended pot that overheated on the stove likely caused the fire, said platoon chief Lewis Carter. However, the man’s injuries came from a dog that was in the room at the time of the fire and became extremely panicked and bit the resident when he returned to kitchen.

“The dog was inside the apartment and was trying to get out,” said firefighter Brian Aziz. ​

The man was bit by the scared dog as he threw the burning pot out the window​, Aziz said.

Paramedics were on scene to bandage up the man’s bites, which appeared to be on his forearm and foot.

Firefighters responded to reports of smoke coming from the windows of an apartment in the complex around 8:30 p.m.

No one else was injured as a result of the incident.​

via London Free Press