A London firefighter was sent to hospital with second degree burns after working to extinguish a blaze at a shed in south London over the weekend.

The London Fire Department was called to a property on Dingman Drive around 11 a.m on Sunday. Fire officials say a work bench in the shed caught fire while the homeowner was working with an open flame.

One firefighter suffered a burn to one of his shoulders, but officials say the injury was minor.

He was treated in hospital and has since been released.

No other people were injured in the blaze.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental, and damage is estimated at up to $100,000.

Source: Firefighter Suffers Second Degree Burns at Shed Fire in South London | (CFPL AM) AM 980