A black and white portrait of Fire Chief John A. Roe. Pinned on his badge is a badge which reads as follows -L.F.D. Chief Engineer.

Notes: This undated photograph was taken by W.O. Carson, a photographer from 1897 to 1905. His studio was at 180 Dundas Street.
This card mounted photograph includes the photographer’s imprint beneath the photograph.
There is a handwritten inscription on the back of the card.
John A. Roe (December 19, 1841 to January 6, 1904) was fire chief of London from 1880 until he was killed in the Sterling Shoe factory fire on January 6, 1904.

Source: London Public Library Image Gallery | Fire Chief John A. Roe