A London arena was evacuated after several people felt dizzy and nauseous — the spell so bad one man had to be taken to hospital after his teammates found him lying on his back in the dressing room struggling to breathe.

Boris Markowski said two men’s teams were playing pickup hockey at the twin-pad London Ice Park at 99 Brookside St. when 90 minutes into the game, several men started feeling sick.

“At least a dozen had symptoms,” he said. “One guy really felt sick, we called 911 because he was flat on his back.”

Middlesex-London EMS took him to hospital. Another man was treated at the scene.

Parents with young children in hockey gear carried them outside, the children still wearing their skates.

London firefighters, who evacuated the building, uncovered elevated levels of carbon monoxide in parts of the arena, but were still trying to find its source.

via London Free Press.